There are two types of connections for Instagram and TripAdvisor - Regular connection and Enhanced connection.
The Regular connection is the usual way of connecting your accounts to Reputation - either authenticate then select a business page or paste in the URL to your location on the Locations & Groups page.
- Connecting this way will allow you to get Instagram's own posts, geotagged posts, tagged posts, and Mentions, but you will not yet be able to respond or like.
By enhancing your account's connection, you will be able to respond to your reviews and messages from the Reputation inbox.
- After connecting your account the regular way, you will be presented with an enhanced account pop-up. The steps might be different for each social media/review platform.
- For Instagram, you would only be required to enter your account's password. While for TripAdvisor, you would need to enter your TripAdvisor email, Password and Job Title.
In order to Enhance your Instagram or Trip advisor account, 2-Factor Authentication will need to be disabled. Go to the related article links below for more information:
- Disable 2-Factor Authentication
- Disconnect IG completely in AreTheyHappy
- Refresh the page.
- Connect the FB Account.
- Select the correct IG account.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please reach out to us via the chatbox on the bottom-right of your screen. We appreciate your time, and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can!