Before Yumpingo One devices can be used, it's critical to ensure each venue has adequate Wi-Fi to support the devices.
For each restaurant venue with devices, our service requires:
- Speed: At least 5mbps (megabits per second).
- Download: At least 600MB (megabytes) per device per month.
- A password-protected Wi-Fi network that is not open to the public. This includes any network where you share the password with guests or where guests need to submit a password in their browser to access.
- A network that is not used by too many other devices.
- Multiple venues in the same brand must:
- give each site a distinct Wi-Fi network name, OR
- give all sites the same network name and same password.
The Yumpingo onboarding team will work to ensure the following is set up before the launch date:
- Wi-Fi network & password for each site.
- A new network is created specifically for the Yumpingo One devices or at minimum a non-guest facing, password-protected WiFi network.
- Whitelisting the devices if the venue's security requires it.