Setting up a menu for the first time should take about an hour, but afterwards, updates take just a few minutes. You can save the draft at any time and come back to your work.
Create a menu
- First, log into the Yumpingo Dashboard.
- Go into the menu management section under Settings on the left side tab options on the dashboard.
- Once there, it will open to a new page for menu management.
- Navigate to the Menus section on the left side.
- Click the pink dots on the top left of the screen to see a drop-down menu.
- Click + Add menu and a pop-up will appear. You'll be able to give your menu a name, choose a service style and a description.
Next, you'll want to name the sections of your menu. Sections refer to the different parts of your menu and is totally customizable to your brand's menu. This could be as simple as Starters, Mains, and Desserts or could be as complex as you like.
Tip: For the best experience for your guests, we strongly recommend using the same sections as your restaurant's menu(s).
Once you've added sections, you're ready to add individual items to your menu. To do this, go here to learn how to set up menu items.
Adding items to the menu
After you've created all your menu items, you can now add them to your menu in the corresponding sections that have already been set up.
- Go back to the menu and navigate to the section you want to add items to and click Add items
- Search for an item by typing until it shows up in the selection of items.
- Once you see it, click on the + button to add it.
- Continue adding all the menu items for that section.
- Once you've added all the items, click done.
- This will bring you back to the full menu where you can move on to the next section.
Schedule a menu
Once you added all the items to the menu, you're ready to schedule the venue to push live.
- Start by clicking the blue Schedule menu button on the bottom right of the menus page.
- Next, select the venues you'd like to go live with, you can click All all or select from the full list. Click Continue to schedule.
- Here, you'll add any details you need to know about the version of the menu such as ''Christmas menu" or "London venues"
- Then select from the date picker when you'd like it to go live and Click the blue Schedule for [date] option.
- Your menu is now scheduled and ready to go!
If you have questions, comments, or suggestions please reach out by clicking the support chatbox on the lower right side of your screen.