If you're having issues connecting an Instagram business page to the Reputation location because the Instagram page is not listed on the dropdown, follow the steps below to resolve:
Please make sure that you are an Admin or Editor to the relevant Instagram page.
Please also verify that your Instagram account is an Instagram Business Account.
Then, you must verify that your Instagram account is linked to a Facebook Page.
If all that is done, then return to Yumpingo > Locations and Groups:
1. Find the Instagram connector.
2. Disconnect the account by clicking on the ‘x’ icon on the right side.
3. Reconnect by clicking "Connect with Facebook."
4. Then, instead of clicking "Continue as Me," select "Edit Settings."
5. Next, make sure ALL pages that the customer sees in that dropdown are checked.
6. Click "Next."
7. Finally, click "Done."
8. Once done, you should be able to find your Instagram page in the page dropdown/list.
If both are verified and set up correctly and you are still having issues, it could be because of an existing bug on Facebook's platform. A bug has been reported to Facebook's technical team and they are looking into the issue.
In the meantime, you can do the following steps as a temporary workaround as advised by Facebook's technical support team:
Convert the Instagram business account to a personal account and then convert it back to a business account:
- Open your Instagram app on your mobile device. This will not work on a desktop version.
- Go to your profile and tap the hamburger icon in the upper right corner.
- Tap Settings, then Account.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list and tap Switch back to a Personal Account.
- Go back to Account.
- This time tap Switch to Professional Account.
- Tap Business.
- Add details, like your business category and contact information.
- Follow the steps and select your Facebook page to link your Instagram business page.
- Tap Done.
Note: The media insights will be lost when converting back to a personal account. You may want to read and save the media insights before converting.