Enhanced TripAdvisor Connection
There are two types of TripAdvisor connections: regular connection and enhanced connection.
The Regular connection is the typical way of connecting TripAdvisor locations to Reputation.
- Connecting this way will allow you to read, tag and assign your TripAdvisor reviews from your Inbox.
To respond to your TripAdvisor reviews you need to enhance your connection.
After you connect your TripAdvisor location the regular way, you will be presented with an Enhance Account popup. Enter your selected location's email and password, then click OK.
Important Note: the account that you use for enhancing should have a password on TripAdvisor.
When you created a TripAdvisor account, you were given three options to sign up: use your Google account, Facebook account, or Email address. If you use either your Google or Facebook account to log in to TripAdvisor, you may not have a password associated with your email address.
- If this is the case, log in to your TripAdvisor account, click your avatar on the top right then click "Account Info".
- Scroll to the bottom of the Account Info page, then click "Reset password".
- You will receive an email from TripAdvisor, follow the quick instructions to nominate a password on TripAdvisor which will be the same password that you can use to enhance your connection on Reputation
- Once your account has been verified, you will now see that your connected TripAdvisor location is now "enhanced". You can now go to your Reputation inbox and reply to TripAdvisor reviews!
Please follow the steps in this article for a backup solution to the problem
Tips for re-enhancing your account:
- You need to be an admin or ask a colleague who is an admin in the TripAdvisor Management Account to enhance this location.
- You must manually log in with your email and password. Do not auto-connect with Gmail.