Why can't I respond to a Facebook recommendation and what can I do to fix this?
Here are a couple of possible solutions to try:
- Sometimes, you just need to refresh your screen,
- Log out and log back in again to your AreTheyHappy inbox
- Sometimes there is just a small outage on Facebook's side, so if you try again later, it will succeed..
A fourth possible solution is to click on the "deep link" icon.
Clicking on the "deep link" will redirect you to the original platform where you can like or respond directly from Facebook itself. Just don't forget to come back to your Inbox and mark the item as complete.
- Why is it important to "complete" items in your inbox? The number of "completed items" is a metric that we measure. It is currently assumed that once a social media manager/guest experience manager/location manager completes an item in the inbox, they've taken ownership and dealt with the item in the way they see fit, i.e. respond/not respond etc. - in accordance with your company's internal SLA.
- Note on Deep Links: Often, you will need to be an admin user for the page in question, i.e. Facebook or TripAdvisor because you need to have the permission to manage the page on the original platform itself.
A fifth and final scenario is that your Facebook user token has expired and we have not picked it up yet in our systems checks. In this case, you can disconnect and reconnect your Facebook page.
You will not lose any data, i.e tags, responses, insights, etc. on Reputation.
- Navigate to your name or venue at the top right of the toolbar > Locations and Groups page.
- Disconnect and reconnect Facebook.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please reach out to us via the chatbox on the bottom-right of your screen and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can!