Restricted from replying to a Facebook DM
Most often this limitation is related to a facebook user's privacy settings or facebook's 7-day response policy and there is no way around it.
Here are a couple of quick checks to eliminate any other issues:
- Try to refresh the screen on the users's comment page.
- Try logging out and logging back in again of your Reputation Inbox.
- It may be a disconnection of facebook's side, so wait 24 hours and try again.
If none of these options work, click on the deep link icon on the top right of the inbox message:
Clicking on the deep link redirects to Facebook to the original direct message so that you can respond directly from within Facebook itself.
User note: You will need to be an admin user for the Facebook page of this location to successfully respond.
User Personal Privacy Settings
If you have the ability to respond to most Facebook features: wall posts, tagged posts, comments, and direct messages, then the issue maybe the specific Facebook user's personal privacy settings.
- Privacy Settings - If one one following notifications below are displayed then the facebook user has restricted their privacy settings for who can see/respond to a particular post or message from them.
- Blocking - A user writes a restaurant and then blocks the page after they post the message.
- 7-Day Policy - Facebook only allows a one week time frame to respond to direct messages so any responses pass this time period, forfeits the ability to engage the user.